Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin Pies for Thanksgiving 2012



Every year, on the eve of Thanksgiving,  me and my Mom get together and make pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving day. We make the exact recipe every year. I had my camera handy, so I snapped a few pictures of the process and wanted to share them with ya'll!

The recipe per pie is:
1 can (15oz) of Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can of (12oz) of Evaporated Milk
1 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground clove
2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 425F



Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I was being lazy with my camera cause I let someone borrow my camera and all my settings were changed and I didn't feel like messing around with it.

                                       Getting all the ingredients together.

                                      We use glass pie plates, but disposables work too. :)

                                       This is the brand pie crusts we used.
                                       Pumpkin and evaporated milk. :)


    
             Mix Sugar, Salt, Ginger, Cloves, Eggs and Pumpkin together in large bowl.
                                       Then slowly stir in Evaporated Milk.

                                       Pour into pie shell.


Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F and bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.


                                      Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment