Sunday, December 30, 2012

A day in the life...

I am pretty sure that I need some coffee or something extremely caffeinated right now.
We just got home from church and J is down for a nap, so I know this is the best opportunity to post this! I know it's been quite a while since my last post. You all know how crazy the holiday's get and everything is just now calming down.
Soooo YEAH.


As of today, it's been a month and a half since we made the decision for me to stay home with Jude and start her on a better schooling routine. No, we aren't getting her ready to go to school... She is already in school. We've also made the decision to keep her at home and give this homeschooling thing a run. I was home-schooled 95% of my education, where as the Hubby was in regular public school 100% of his education. We've thought and prayed long and hard about it and are gonna give it a "trial run" for a few years and see how it goes.
 So after a week or two of being home, I started working with Jude on phonics, writing letters, simple addition and subtraction. She's doing AMAZING! I'm not just trying to toot my own horn here or anything. Watching her little spongy brain absorb all of this information and seeing her use what she's learned is phenomenal! I get so excited to see her little face light up as that little "light bulb" turns on. :)  I can see that for now we've made the right decision and can't wait to see where it goes from here.

One other thing that happened after a few weeks of being home, was the routine that me and Jude fell into. All her life, I was never really big on routine because of the job I had when I was single. The hours were horrendous. 12 hour shifts were normal! It was really hard just getting enough sleep so I just let whatever happen. So now, we have just about the same routine everyday, minus P.E. on Mondays and Weekends when Dad is home. A friend I follow on YouTube really encouraged me to make a "Day in the life" video and I really wasn't interested in it at the time. Eventually I decided to make a  photo version instead and turned it into a little slide show. It was much easier then walking around with a video camera all day. So with that being said, I figured I would share it with you guys!

Keep in mind, that there definitely were things going on that I didn't get pictures of, like me getting Jude dressed or her playing with toys (cause most of that time I was busy doing something else....)



If you have any questions feel free to ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment